Langsung ke konten utama

Chasing Pleasure

One day I was contemplating the future that I want to have. In the middle of contemplating, my mind wander into some moments of my life. Those short rewinds of memories make me realize that I have the tendency to be a pleasure chaser. To wanted something because I thought it would make me happy but ended up making me want more of other things.

I remembered that I wanted a keyboard to play music when I was in elementary school. I wanted to learn how to play it and I wanted to perform as a keyboardist in my school. After a certain time of waiting, my parents finally bought me a keyboard and planned to get me a music teacher. Something happens, and all my desire for a keyboard disappears. I didn't want to play it again or learn how to play it. The keyboard is still there in my home but no one plays it now.

I also remembered that I wanted a camera. I told my parents about it, I was so interested to take photographs, editing, and sharing the results of my photographs. After a long waiting, I got what I wanted. I was so excited, I explored a lot of different techniques on photographs, learned how to edit photographs, and so on. It lasts quite a long, maybe 5 to 6 years. Until college distract me, clinical rotation kept me busy and I got no desire to touch my camera. The excitement is gone.

I realized that all the things I wanted because I thought I would be happy when I have them. I thought that it would make me complete and become skillful with one thing. Now they only make me realize that I was chasing pleasure.

It's made me careful with my wish and ambition. I do not want the same thing to happen in the future where I suddenly lost excitement to the things I wanted and chased so hard. I take time to consider anything, I take time before making decisions. 

We might not realize that we tend to chase the idea of happiness from something. We thought that having an iPhone, having a car, having certain branded bags, clothes, or even becoming something would make us happy when we finally got it. We were occupied with the idea of 'if I were this' or 'if I had this' would make our life happier and that's not the deal.

So, instead of portraying our life with something we don't have and someone we are not, let's take a moment to be grateful for everything that we have and for who we are right now. That might help us to stop chasing pleasure and living the moment.

Today, I'm still trying to understand, all my dreams; all my ambitions; all my visions; is it for my best or it is just my thought trying to make me believe that all of them would make me happy in the future, and if I don't get all of them, I would not be happy. 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

How to Conduct a Clinical Trial with Good Clinical Practice

Clinical trials are essential for developing new treatments and improving health outcomes for patients. However, conducting a clinical trial is not a simple task. It requires careful planning, execution, and reporting to ensure the quality and validity of the data and the safety and well-being of the participants. This is where Good Clinical Practice (GCP) comes in. GCP is an international ethical and scientific quality standard for designing, conducting, recording and reporting trials that involve the participation of human subjects 1 . GCP aims to provide a unified standard for the ICH regions (the European Union, Japan, the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Brazil, Australia and South Korea) to facilitate the mutual acceptance of clinical data by the regulatory authorities in these jurisdictions 2 . GCP is based on the principles of respect for human dignity, protection of human rights, and assurance of the welfare of the participants 2 . GCP also ensures that the data generated f

Surat titik-titik #2

Halo pembaca setia Topeng Malam's Blog, terimakasih atas kunjungan dan waktu nya untuk membaca postingan-postingan ku yang gag jelas hahaha... Jangan bosen-bosen komentar di blog ku, dan jangan sungkan-sungkan ngasih saran bahkan kritikan di setiap postingan. aku bakalan seneng kalo kalian bisa bantu aku bikin blog ini makin berkembang lagi. Thankyou Jadi ini ada surat, lanjutan dari surat yang pertama kemarin, yaitu surat titik-titik #1 . yang belum baca silahkan dibaca dulu. Nah surat kedua ini aku buat satu hari setelah surat pertama, yaitu tanggal 9/3/2016. Karena tepat setelah aku membuat surat pertama itu, aku menemukan banyak hal dan semua hal-hal yang ada di surat pertama itu nampak terbuka dan terjawab semua.. Soooo, silahkan dibaca bro sis... Hai B*****, B******* *e**** Masih kuingat betul tanggal 8/3/2016 kemarin aku menuliskan sebuah surat untukmu. Ya, sebuah surat yang kamu tidak akan pernah membacanya mungkin. Karena aku tidak berencana sama sekali untuk me

A silly note

You're the one who started reach me again after all the silence You don't know how I tried to mute any things related to you I was successfully working on that, although my mind was never failed to remember you Turns out, the first message you sent after a long-break, was mean nothing You wanted something from me, you get it, and that's all Well, I knew, but I just let it happened I was happy for that short time we spend together, a very short time~ Then I completely lost myself trying to understand what was just happened I want to erase all memories, to erase you from my life, completely, without any single trace But again, it would just be a waste of time The harder I try to forget you, the more I'll remember you So, tell me, what should I do? When all I want is you When all I want to do is reach you out When all I want to do is to be with you When all I want to do is seeing you But you don't want anything about me, at least from what I know so far I have told you